21tv
[±è¸íÇõ] ´Ù½Ã µè´Â ±è¸íÇõ¸ñ»ç ¼³±³ - »çµµÇàÀü °...
[¹Ú¼ºÀÏ] [03/24) ´Ù¸®¿À ¿Õ Á¦À̳⠾Æȩ° ´Þ (Çа...
[À̱¤¿ì] [03/24] ¾çÀ» À̸® °¡¿îµ¥·Î (¸¶10:16~23)
[À±¹®±â] [08/19] ¹«³ÊÁø ³ª¶ó (¿­¿Õ±âÇÏ 17Àå 1Àý ~...
[À̵¿¿ø] ¿¡½º´õ¼­ °­ÇØ 6 - ¿¡½º´õ 5Àå
[µ¿Àιè] [12/29] Çϳª´ÔÀÇ ¿µ±¤À» À§ÇÏ¿© (»ç 43Àå ...
[±³°èÀÚ·á½Ç] ¼¼°è»ç ¼Ó¿¡¼­ º» 3.1¿îµ¿ / ±è¿ëÁ÷ ±³¼ö ...
±âµ¶±³°¡ º¸´Â Â÷º°±ÝÁö¹ý - Á¦¼ºÈ£ ±³¼ö ...
°Ç°­ÇÑ °¡Á¤È¸º¹ ¹æ¾È / °í¸íÁø ¸ñ»ç (¼ö¿ø...
[¼Û¿ëÇÊ] ¿¹¼ö´ÔÀÇ Ä¡À¯ »ç¿ª
[À¯°üÁö] (0121) ½ÅÃÌ(ãæõ½)±³È¸(ȲÇصµ ¼ÛÈ­±º)
[±³°èÁöµµÀÚ´ë´ã] »õº®±âµµ ½Å¾ÓÀÇ ¿µ¼ºÀ» ¿°¿øÇϸç - ´ë´ãÀÚ...
[±³È¸¼ø·Ê] [´Ù»ç¶ûħ·Ê±³È¸] ¹ÏÀ½°ú Àγ» (È÷10:36-39...
[´ë³óÁ¦Àϱ³È¸] Çսɱ⵵ÀÇ ´É·Â (Çà12:1-1...
[±¸¿øÀÇ ±â»Ý±³È¸] Çϳª´Ô²² ³ª¾Æ°¡´Â ¹ÏÀ...
-

¹æ¼Û 

µ¿¿µ»ó  

[12/17] The most joyful, sorrowful and heart moving day of Christmas (Matt 2:1,2,11) - Ammi mission church

I am so glad and grateful for me to come back here again and meet my dear friends from other countries. Even though we are racially and culturally different, we are all brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. God is our father and we are all the children of God. We are all brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ.  

Today I am going to deliver a message entitled as ¡°The most joyful, sorrowful and heart moving day of Christmas¡± The day of Christmas was first of all the most joyful day. At the night of Christmas an angel of the Lord appeared to the shepherds and delivered the good news of great joy as the following. ¡°Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.¡±(Luke 2:10,11). Then a great company of the heavenly angels appeared and praised God as the following. ¡°Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.¡±(Luke 2:13,14). The day of Christmas was the most joyful day. It was because Jesus Christ was born for us as our Savior and the real peace was given to us and the glory to God in the highest was highly upheld. The day of Christmas was the most joyful and the most blessed day on earth.

The day of Christmas was also the most sorrowful day. When the son of the almighty heavenly God was born, nobody welcomed him. There was even no place for the Savior to be born. ¡°She gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.¡±(Luke 2:7). The baby Jesus was placed in the manger where the horses and cattles eat the foods. The sorrow did not stop there. As soon as the baby Jesus was born he has to escape and took refuge to Egypt. It was because the King Herod wanted to kill the baby Jesus. Joseph therefore took the baby and his mother and escaped to Egypt. ¡°An angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. Get up, he said, take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him. So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt¡±(Matt. 2:13,14). The day of Christmas was the most sorrowful and miserable.  

The day of Christmas was also the most heart moving day. When nobody was welcoming the new born baby Jesus, three wise men from the east came to Jerusalem in order to worship the new born Messiah. ¡°After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked ¡®where is the one who has been born king of the Jews?¡¯ We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him.¡±(Matt 2:1,2). The wise men from the east were not Judeans. They were aliens and foreigners. The three alien wise men from the east were led by the star and came to the manger in Bethlehem where the baby Jesus was born. They knelt down and worshipped the baby Jesus and offered the precious gift of treasures as signs of love and worship to the new born Messiah. ¡°On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.¡±(Matt 2:11). It was really the most heart moving event of love and worship. The day of Christmas was the most heart moving day.

Today I am going to tell you another heart moving and beautiful story of love. It is the story about the fourth wise man who was trying to join the three wise men to worship the newly born baby Jesus. According to the legend the three wise men from the east were Caspar, Melchior and Balthazar. Caspar symbolized Africa, Melchior symbolized Europe, Balthazar symbolized Asia. The fourth wise man was Artaban. When I was about seven years old small boy I watched the moving play about Artaban in the church on Christmas day in North Korea. I was so much moved. I still remember the moving stories about Artaban the fourth wise man from the east. Now I am going to tell you the story about the three wise men from the east and Artaban.

There were four wise men in the east. They were Caspar, Melchior, Balthazar and Artaban. They were all rich men possessing much property. They were also all scholars possessing much knowledge. They were also all religious men waiting for the Messiah. They were all studying the Old Testament of the Bible. They were all trying to find out the time when the Messiah would be born. They all came to learn of the fact that a new star would appear when the Messiah would be born. They all agreed that they would be watching for the new star in heaven at night. The three wise men began to watch for the new star in Babylon. Artaban began to watch for the new star in Persia. They also agreed that they would meet in a certain place in Babylon ten days after the new star appears and would go to Jerusalem with the prepared treasures in order to worship the new born Messiah. Artaban sold all of his properties and bought the treasures of sapphire, ruby and pearl. He went up to the roof of the house every night and looked up to heaven to see when the new star would appear. At one dark night a brilliant new star appeared in heaven. Artaban was so much excited and bowed down and shouted with thanksgiving. ¡°Oh new star! The king has come! I should go to worship!¡± Artaban then rode on a fast running horse and prayed as the following. ¡°O God! Keep us. Save us from death and help us to go safely and worship the new born king!¡± Artaban began to run towards the promised place.

The faithful horse ran fast for about ten days and came near to the promised place in Babylon. Then suddenly the horse stopped and began to tremble. Artaban found out that a sick man was lying down in the street. He was aching, bleeding and dying. Artaban got off the horse and came near to the sick and dying person. The person murmured and said. ¡°Help me from dying, Help me from dying.¡± Artaban, however, did not have enough time to stay there and help the sick and dying person. He could not sacrifice the most important and precious matter which was prepared through his whole life because of helping a sick and dying person. He felt much sorry towards the sick and dying person but he was about to ride on the horse. The sick and dying person murmured again. ¡°Help me from dying, Help me from dying.¡± Artaban was praying as the following. ¡°God of mercy, Please lead me to the right way. Is it the way of truth? Or is it the way of mercy?¡± After all Artaban selected the way of mercy. He came back near to the sick and dying person. Artaban took off his outer garment and pasted all the medicines which he was carrying to the bleeding sick person. The sick person began to recover his consciousness. Artaban took the sick and dying person on his horse and carried him to an inn and asked the owner of the inn to take care of him. Artaban gave sapphire one of the three treasures to the owner of the inn. Artaban gave also grape juice and medicinal herbs to him. Then Artaban rode up on the horse and began to run. The horse was running fast. When Artaban arrived at the promised place, he was far behind the promised time. The three wise men were not there. There was a saying pasted on the wall. ¡°We were waiting for you. We could not wait more but leave. Follow us through the roads of desert.¡± Artaban was so much struck that he sat down on the ground. ¡°How can I go through the roads of desert with the tired horse without food, medicine and traveling expenses?¡± With a sigh and sincere heart Artaban gradually prepared camel, food and travelling expenses and left towards Judea through the roads of desert.  

When Artaban arrived in Bethlehem the three wise men from the east had already left Bethlehem. The streets of Bethlehem were chilly and full of fearers. The soldiers of Herod were searching for the new born babies in almost every house. Artaban entered in one house. A mother was holding her baby and was trembling. She told Artaban the story about the three wise men from the east. ¡°Three days ago three wise men from the east came to Bethlehem and worshipped the new born baby and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh and returned to the east. At the same night Joseph took the baby and her mother and went to Egypt.¡± At that moment soldiers were trying to enter into the house. They shouted ¡°Take out the baby of this house.¡± The mother was trembling. Artaban tried to stop the soldiers. The soldiers did not stop. Artaban took out of his pocket the shining ruby and told them. ¡°I was waiting for you to give you this treasure of ruby.¡± The officer of the soldiers was surprised at the shining ruby and received and held the ruby and said as the following. ¡°Let¡¯s go to other place, here is no baby in this house.¡± Artaban prayed as the following. ¡°O God! Forgive my sins; I spent again the treasure, which I should have offered to the king, for helping poor people. I am not worthy to see you.¡± At that moment Artaban heard the voice of the woman weeping with joy. ¡°You saved my baby. May God bless you and give you peace!¡± The baby was smiling with joy and peace.

Artaban then left for Egypt in order to meet the new born king. After he arrived in Egypt he was searching for the new born king in many different places, around the Pyramid and various streets in Alexandria. When he met Hebrew rabbis he heard their advices. Hebrew rabbis advised Artaban that the Messiah would not be among the rich men but among the poor men. Artaban thus went to the places where the poor and sick people were living and to the places where the slaves were being sold and bought. Artaban was seeking for the Messiah in various places. Whenever Artaban met poor people he extended his hands of love and help. Artaban could not meet the object of worship but many objects of help and service. During the scores of years he fed the poor people, clothed the naked people, cured the sick people and comforted the prisoners.

It took already 33 years since Artaban left home for the purpose of meeting and worshiping the new born king and Messiah. He became a white haired old man. He did not yet abandon his sincere hope. Finally Artaban returned to Jerusalem. When Artaban arrived in Jerusalem it was the season of Passover. Many people were going towards somewhere. Artaban asked one of them where they were going to. He answered as the following. ¡°We are going to the hill of Golgotha outside of the castle-gate. Two robbers and Jesus of Nazareth are going to be executed. Jesus of Nazareth pronounced that he was the son of God and the king of peace. Our religious leaders, however, insisted that he should be killed.¡± The saying of this man shook violently the heart of Artaban. ¡°Is the king going to be executed and killed?¡± His heart began to leap and jump. ¡°Even now I must see the king, I must save the king, I must sacrifice myself and I must spend the one left treasure in order to save the king.¡± Artaban was running with the crowd to the hill of Golgotha. At that time soldiers were dragging a young woman. When Artaban was looking at the dragged young woman, she shook off the hands of the soldiers and knelt down in front of Artaban and said as the following. ¡°Grandfather, Help me to save. My father was also a wise man and he died. Because of the much indebts which my father owed I am now being sold as a slave. Grandfather, Help me to save.¡± Artaban was again agonizing and trembling. He was experiencing similar agony to those which he experienced in Babylon and in Bethlehem. Artaban used the two treasures of sapphire and ruby for helping the miserable human beings instead of offering to the king Messiah. He was again agonizing. ¡°Should I again use the last remain treasure of pearl for the miserable human being instead of offering it to the king Messiah?¡± He was really trembling and agonizing. He could not however let the young woman to be sold as a slave. Artaban took out the pearl which he kept in his bosom and handed the pearl in the hands of the dragged girl and told her. ¡°My daughter, this is the price of your life. This is my last treasure.¡± The girl handed the pearl to the soldiers and the girl was freed.

While Artaban was saying, the heaven became dark and the earth was trembling. The houses were trembling. The soldiers were so afraid that they all escaped. Artaban was leaning against the broken walls and fell down on the ground. Artaban¡¯s journey of life was about to be ended. His life-long pursuit of meeting and worshipping the king Messiah seemed to be failed. Another earth quake made the earth tremble again. Hills and houses were broken and the stones covered the body of Artaban. Artaban was groaning and moaning and he was murmuring. ¡°Heavenly God, Forgive me. Forgive my sins.¡± At that moment there was a quiet saying from heaven. ¡°Artaban, Artaban.¡± Artaban was so much surprised. The young girl who was saved from the soldiers was leaning beside Artaban. She heard what Artaban was saying. ¡°Lord, it was not me. When did I feed you when you were hungry? When did I give you clothes when you were naked? When did I cure you when you were sick? When did I visit and help you when you were imprisoned. When did I save you when you were dragged as slave? Lord, it was not me. During the past 33 years I was searching for the Lord and King but I could not even see and serve my Lord and King.¡± There was a saying again from heaven. Artaban alone could hear the saying. ¡°Artaban! Artaban! I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of the brothers of mine, you did for me. You met me, you helped me, and you served me.¡± There were shining lights of surprises and joys in the face of Artaban. He breathed the last breath of peace and closed his eyes. The long journey of his life was ended. The precious treasures which Artaban prepared for the king Messiah were all joyfully accepted by the king himself. The fourth wise man from the east met the king most vividly and most beautiful and most moving ways.  

I am going to close the stories about the four wise men from the east. The day of Christmas was the most joyful and most sorrowful day. The day of Christmas was also the most heart moving day of love. The coming of the three wise men from the east and their worshipping to the new born King Messiah and their offering of the precious gifts of gold, incense and of myrrh were the most heart moving events of love. The story of the fourth wise man Artaban was more than heart moving. It was a heart breaking story which makes us to repent and to yearn for gaining the pure and genuine faith of love and offering our properties and lives for the sake of the least of the poor and sick neighbors. There were of course faithful followers of the four wise men from the east. There were honorable servants of God possessing the pure and genuine faith of love who offered their properties and lives for the sake of the lord Jesus Christ and for the sake of the poor and sick neighbors.  

The moving story about the four wise men from the east is still throwing serious challenges to all of us living in 21 century. What is the purpose of our lives? We hope we could put the purpose of our lives for inviting our Lord Jesus Christ among the center of our lives and worship him and offering the most precious gifts to him. We also hope that we could extend our hands of love and service towards the poor, sick and imprisoned with whom the Lord Jesus is so much pleased. I am going to close my message after quoting one passage of the Bible. ¡°Jesus looked at him and loved him. ¡®One thing you lack,¡¯ he said. ¡®Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.¡¯ ¡±(Mark 10:21). May the love, comport and blessing of God be upon every one of you. May God bless you all! I love you all!

QR Code - QR Äڵ带 »ç¿ëÇÏ½Ã¸é ¸ð¹ÙÀÏ¿¡¼­ º¸½Ç ¼ö ÀÖ½À´Ï´Ù.

-->

¹øÈ£
Á¦¸ñ
±Û¾´ÀÌ
µî·ÏÀÏ
21TV
1172  ´Ù½Ã µè´Â ±è¸íÇõ¸ñ»ç ¼³±³ - »çµµÇàÀü °­ÇØ - ¼­·Ð (Çà1:1~8)      21TV 2024/02/26
1171  ±è¸íÇõ¸ñ»ç´Ô ¸¶Áö¸· »ç¿ª À°¼º¼³±³ [02/04] °­ÇÏ°í ´ã´ëÇ϶ó, ȯ³­³¯¿¡ ³ª¸¦ ºÎ¸£¶ó (¼ö 1:1-9. ½Ã 50:15) -ûÁÖ ¾ç¼º±³È¸(2024)      21TV 2024/02/05
1170  [01/28] Àüµµ¿Í ¼¶±èÀÇ ±ÍÁßÇÑ ÂøÇÑ »î°ú »ç¿ª (¸· 1:38,39, 10:45) - ¹®°æ ¿¹½º±³È¸      21TV 2024/01/29
1169  [01/21] Å»ºÏÀÚµé°ú ¿ì¸®µé¿¡°Ô À§·Î¿Í °Ý·Á°¡ µÇ´Â Çϳª´ÔÀÇ ¸»¾¸ (¿ä 14:1-3) - ÀÇÁ¤ºÎ ÇѲޱ³È¸      21TV 2024/01/22
1168  [01/14] Çϳª´Ô²²¼­ ±â»µÇϽô ¼º½ÇÇÑ ½Å¾Ó »ýÈ° (¿ä 3:16, 21:15-20, ¸¶ 5:43-45, ¿ä1 4:7-12) - ÁÁÀº ¼Ò½Ä±³È¸(2024)      21TV 2024/01/15
1167  [01/07] ÀÌ ³ª¶ó¿Í ÀÌ ¹ÎÁ·À» »ì¸®´Â ±×¸®½ºµµÀÇ ½ÅºÎ (Çà 1:6-8) - ±×·¹À̽º ¼±±³±³È¸      21TV 2024/01/08
1166  [12/31] Áú±×¸© ¼Ó¿¡ ´ã±ä º¸È­ (¿ä 14:1-8, °íÈÄ 4:7-10) - ¼Û¸íÈñ ½ÃÀÎ Áý      21TV 2024/01/02
1165  [12/24] ¸ñÀÚµéÀÇ ±ÍÁßÇÏ°í ¾Æ¸§´Ù¿î ³ë·¡ (´ª 2:8-20) - ¿µµîÆ÷ ±¤¾ß±³È¸(2023)      21TV 2023/12/25
1164  [12/17] »ç¶û°ú µµ¿òÀÇ ¼Õ±æÀ» Æì´Â ±ÍÁßÇÑ »î¿¡ ´ëÇÑ °£Áõ ¼³±³ (¿ä 13:34,35, ¿äÀÏ 4:7-11) - ¾Ï¹Ì¼±±³È¸(2013)      21TV 2023/12/18
1163  [12/10] ±âȸ¸»±³ºÀ±â°¡ Ã游ÇÑ ±ÍÁßÇÏ°í ¾Æ¸§´Ù¿î ±³È¸ (¸· 1:35, ¸¶ 4:17, ¸· 1:14, 15, ¸· 15:40,41, ¸· 10: 45, ¿ä 15: 11) - º¸Àº ⼺±³È¸(2023)      21TV 2023/12/10

1 [2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10]..[118] [´ÙÀ½ 10 °³]

http://21tv.org/bbs/zboard.php?id=kangbyun